Monday, August 29, 2005

current anti-virus and anti-spyware and anti-adware

There must be an easier way to say all that.

Software to protect my computer:
AVG Free Edition
IE-SPYAD2
Spybot Search & Destroy
SpywareBlaster
SpywareGuard
WinPatrol
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall (not using)

Debugging tool:
HijackThis

I think WinPatrol isn't needed if I use the firewall, but since there are some issues connecting to the internet while using ZoneAlarm, I'm keeping WinPatrol and using the XP firewall for now. There are some other firewalls I can try, but I'm a little leery of installing too much software on my machine.
I uninstalled Ad-Aware since I have Spybot.
I uninstalled Symantec Antivirus. For whatever reason it's not working. AVG found 2 trojan horse viruses.
Spyware Doctor actually does not have free real-time support, so I uninstalled it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home